Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year! 1/1/11

Inspired by Staci’s blog book, I decided to try harder to blog a little something almost every day.  After all, as far behind as I am in my scrapbooks, this may be an imperative way to record the memories I can scrapbook later…and if I choose to make a book instead…well that is OK too!

I am one of those people that love natural beginnings.  I like to change things up every now and again, so things like New Year’s resolutions do not quite have the sore taste in my mouth that other’s hold.  I see it as exciting to start something new or do something different starting…NOW!    Sometimes it works out, sometimes not, but that does not necessarily mean failure it just means re-evaluation. 

Speaking of new things, this New year’s Eve was quite different in that Erin and Collin were not with us.  They are now involved in Youth Group with our church and they had their own gathering last night that lasted until 1 a.m. and Dwayne Wilson brought them home afterwards.  We had our own little gathering here at the house with the Rich’s, the Whites and Cristi Gale.  It was fun to spend the time with friends and although today I am sleepy, it was fun to hear Collin and Erin’s stories of hide and seek in the church and the “unspeakable” game, that they cannot tell me about even though Collin really wants too! 

It actually snowed the day before, so Alan was obliging as to go out and get snow flakes for me!

IMG_6616 

He evidently needed a bit of a nap before the party!IMG_6625 IMG_6626 IMG_6630 IMG_6631

We have a Wii that “Santa” brought us, so the boys enjoyed a little bowling close to 11:30 p.m.  After that we watched the “ball” drop on TV “live” from Time Square in NY.  Cristi hung out with us until 1 a.m.  She is a night owl!IMG_6637

1 comment:

Staci said...

Yay! Glad you're gonna get memories down in writing. It's amazing what we forget as the years pass!

Looks like y'all had a great New Years! I fell asleep on the couch by 11 pm ;)