Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Why, my soul, are you downcast?
    Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
    for I will yet praise him,
    my Savior and my God Psalms 43:5
I do not mourn as those that have not hope, I mourn because I love.
I had a great, not perfect, mom.
We had similar temperaments and I was the baby. It's real, we are spoiled! She probably had more time for me than my older sibs and I cannot fix or change that.  She was quirky. And look out kids. Lots of people tell me I'm just like her. In the nursing home the aid said I was her twin.  Eeek..and yet precious.  OK shudder a little, but I would rather be goofy like she was and love on and hug on people... than not. Ask silly questions.  Tell silly stories. Kiss every head of every grand kid every morning...yep.  You're in trouble.  Be so stinkin happy trying to find that silver lining because that was her life. I do not know how to appropriate all of this and determine what my role is now.  My very capable sis Cathie McCormick is our matriarch and wow a youngest girl could not ask for a better sister to be her guide and confidant. I had 2 precious "moms". The question now is, who is hosting Christmas and paying for air fare??? I don't know PA I may need to wait another year,  but my prayer is...
Lord, I open my heart and my life to YOU...fill it however You choose

No comments: